Easy Back To School Recipes
7 months ago ssalles 0
Back to school is here, but you have nothing to fear. Make breakfast and lunch stress-free with these delicious recipes.
Important: Make sure all dishes are microwavable safe. Never put metal in a microwave.
A meal not to be missed! All of these meals are so simple and take minutes to make.
Healthy Breakfast Sandwich:
- 1 egg
- Handful of spinach or any leafy vegetable
- 1 piece of bread
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Toast the bread. Grease a mug with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack the egg into a cup and check for blood. Scramble the egg. When that’s done, wash the veggies, and add them to the mug. Add salt and pepper for flavor.
- Put the egg mixture into the mug and cook in the microwave at 30 second increments. Mix the egg mixture if there is still raw egg.
- Get the toast out of the toaster, cut it in half, and spread the guacamole on it.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy.
Similar to the sandwich, prepare the ingredients and place in a tortilla. Feel free add in whatever you like. Here are some ideas:
- Egg, cheese, and salsa
- Egg, spinach, and turkey strips
- Egg, turkey strips, and potatoes
- Egg, potatoes, and guacamole
These can be stored for up to a month in the freezer. To reheat, place a damp paper towel over the burrito for 2-3 minutes depending on microwave wattage. Let it cool for a minute. It will be burning hot.
Lunch is important, but it doesn’t get the glory it deserves. Here are some yummy options to make lunch time awesome!
*Some options require a thermos
Delicious Turkey Club
- 2 slices of bread
- Deli turkey
- Spinach or any leafy vegetable
- Veggie or turkey strips
- Guacamole or any spread
- Get two slices of bread and spread guacamole on one slice.
- Clean and dry a handful of raw spinach or vegetable.
- On the dry slice, put on your turkey, spinach, and turkey strips.
- Falafel mix or frozen falafel package (eggs, oil, and water may be needed depending on brand)
- ½ of pita bread
- Hummus or tahina (optional)
- Prepare and cook falafel mix according to instructions.
- The morning before school, heat the falafel in the microwave and place in a thermos.
- Warm up the pita or pack it at room temperature.
- Serve with hummus or other dips.
Don’t forget to add snacks and sides like fruit, veggies, or chips! Happy back to school everyone! The best part of the school year starting! Only a few more weeks until CTeen kicks off for the year too!